Friday 11 April 2014

Koh Yoong, Thailand

The last and final stop on our magical getaway was another snorkeling spot!
The water was pretty choppy, the boat was swaying to and fro, and I still wasn't completely over the first snorkeling experience.

My solution?
To put on a vest and flippers, and swim to the only small piece of beach in sight and sit there till everyone was getting back on the boat.

Chris came to fetch me after a few moments of solitude on the beach because apparently this place was WAY better and had loads more fish.
I believed him and swam back to the boat to see for myself.




He was right.
This place was much better.

The guys from the boat threw pineapple pieces in and the fish swarmed around us.

  






I was so happy bobbing along the surface that I didn't notice there was no one else around me.
Everyone had actually already gotten back on the boat and someone had to swim out after me letting me know it was time to leave.

Needless to say this was a much lovelier snorkeling spot, especially for beginners like me.

Back on the boat and heading back to port everyone fell asleep, probably from a mixture of adrenaline and heat exhaustion, mixed with happiness and the rocking of the boat.


Back on solid ground we were taken back to our hotel where we took a nap and got ready for more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment