Wednesday 18 June 2014

Soba, Pop-Up Food Stalls and Night Hanami

I love trying new foods.
And Japan was a fantastic place to do just that.

So far I've had sushi and matcha.
And my very good friend said I needed to try soba before I left.

So one cloudy Saturday morning, I bundled up, grabbed an umbrella and headed out to try whatever this soba was with her.


Turns out it's buckwheat noodles, and this place makes them from scratch when you order!





After lunch we met up with another friend and went cherry blossom viewing in the Imperial Gardens.











Almost without thinking we stumbled on Yasukuni and lo-and-behold there was a street food affair going on!













Full and happy we went wandering towards a train and found ourselves walking through a spring hanami wonderland at night.





Considering this was my last full day in Japan, I'd say it was a day very well spent.


Tomorrow I have an epic aerial view of Mt. Fuji and then we're off to another country!

Remember to Subscribe and follow me with Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment